41 Posts
19 Users
9 Likes
14.5 K Views
Paul Dreiling
(@stranger2156)
Topic starter  

Hi everyone,
Today I found that registration on Proshow Producer was lost. An attempt to enter a registration key has failed. The last update I made on 01/14/2019. The official website of Photodex has long been unavailable. Can anyone comment on this situation?

Paul

Anna Latino
(@anna_latino)

Hi Paul,

I'm having the same issue, even the preview is watermarked and I can't import the show to Photopia without losing slide styles and photo files. Someone please send help!

Anna 

ReplyQuote
Jack Bara
(@barakuda)

@anna_latino

I have also lost my registration for Pro Show Producer.  I was under the impression that we could continue to use all our purchased items from Photodex. I have tried to use my upgrade to Producer and like others, have been told to go to a site for activation that no longer exists. Not happy if I am forced to repurchase my software or forced into a subscription plan not solicited. What other products exist in the marketplace?

ReplyQuote
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

Posted by: @stranger2156

Hi everyone,
Today I found that registration on Proshow Producer was lost. An attempt to enter a registration key has failed. The last update I made on 01/14/2019. The official website of Photodex has long been unavailable. Can anyone comment on this situation?

Paul

Hi Paul, and Anne,   I saw a post somewhere that the Photodex server for validating registration numbers has shut down as of 5/31/20.  I just opened my program and at first it opened fine but when I checked the registration info the field was blank. The next time I opened the program it said it was in evaluation mode. The saving grace about all this is the shows are still able to be imported into Photopia and be published there.

Bob

ReplyQuote
Anna Latino
(@anna_latino)

@robert-mcmurray

Thank you so much for clarifying Bob!

It's so helpful to know that you can seamlessly import to Photopia. I was having a lot of trouble migrating earlier and thought I'd have to rebuild everything, but I think I'm on the right track now. Phew!

ReplyQuote
Elaine Gales
(@elainegales)

@robert-mcmurray

Does that mean if I purchased the latest version of Proshow Producer, I can no longer use it at all? I knew I wouldn't get updates but no use at all?

ReplyQuote
Julie Heaps
(@julie-heaps)

@robert-mcmurray

This happened to me yesterday 6/2/20 I had just finished my slideshow in proshow, with 470 photos, when I went to publish it, it wouldn't let me. This made me sick to my stomach, as my customer needs it by this Friday. With a bit more work involved and making sure all the slides and transitions worked, I was finally able to get it to publish in Photopia.

I read that I could use this program (without any updates) for as long as I wanted. I guess that is not the case.

They should have at least told us there was a deadline.

Frustrated

Julie

This post was modified 4 years ago by Julie Heaps

ReplyQuote
Or Shaltiel
(@orsn)

Same problem here. I am a computer science student and I am using Proshow Producer to produce videos to help my fellow students to study under quarantine. Yesterday I tried to publish a video and all of a sudden saw the watermark.

I tried to re-enter my registration details but they are invalid. I paid $200 for the program, and money isn't come easy for me, I am really on a tight budget, and Photodex promised that as long as I have the registration details, I could continue using the program in-definitely.

I wish they can help.

ReplyQuote
Jack Bara
(@barakuda)

bob, only if you sign on to Photopia.  Photodex should have left our purchased software intact.

ReplyQuote
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

Update information about the registration servers for Proshow.  This is from a support group on Facebook, hopefully it is correct.

"Kirk Schlotterbeck

Update from Michael Transon repeated here:

Members, my friend, who is a former Photodex Support Manager, has let me know that Photodex's activation servers are being swapped, and that activations are not working currently. That is the reason ProShow is not letting you activate/publish your account/show. They are trying to resolve it right now.

Thanks Michael.

Hello, I tried to run ProShow this morning and the software is giving me the following message “Made as an Evaluation of Proshow Producer Message” when rendering a show. This is hopefully just an issue with Proshows registration key server. I have sent an email to Photodex email address. Waiting for a response. I see that other group members had experienced the same problem. I’ll let you know if and when resolved."

Bob

ReplyQuote
drago3k
(@drago3k)

Same issue here. I don't think contacting Photodex will help as they announced that they were shutting down in January and directed current (and new users) to Photopia.
I sure hope the issue will be fixed once they swap the servers (see message above) because it would be totally unfair and cause a backlash if ProShow users are not allowed to continue using the software they bought originally. Sure we should pay to upgrade, but ProShow is one of those apps that works great even with the basic features. I should not be forced to switch or upgrade to a newer software.   

ReplyQuote
Lisa Minue
 LM
(@lm01)

I am not happy about this at all....  We paid for the ProShow Producer program, should be able to use program, and not have to pay for Photopia.  If I did this to my customers, I wouldn't be in business any longer.  Will be looking for another alternative when I have time.

ReplyQuote
Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin

We just wanted to drop in an say a few words about the recent registration issue affecting ProShow installations.

Photodex remains a separate company which continues to maintain ownership over their ProShow products and it is our understanding that their activation servers are currently down, or not working properly.  While we don't have any specific information regarding when this issue might be resolved, Photodex has previously indicated that they would continue to maintain their activation servers going forward and we haven't received any information to contradict that intention.  Despite the current interruption, we expect those servers will begin working again at some point, although of course we can't say when that might occur since those servers are outside of our control.

This is certainly a frustrating situation for everyone involved and we hope to see it resolved soon.

ReplyQuote
Or Shaltiel
(@orsn)

@joshua

It is true that this company carries a different name than Photodex. Yet, it is clear that you're continuing Photodex (Please refer to your website, it mentions Photodex name everywhere and to the closure email Photodex sent in January which clearly references to Photopia as Photodex recommendation).

As a matter of fact, I believe I have a correspondence with you, since I requested some help with buying Proshow back then, and you helped me (Or at least someone named Joshua).

I don't know the exact problem with Photodex's servers, but there is a reason why so many people reaching out to you, to get support to this problem. Since students where I live are still in lockdown, I am using this program to make videos explaining some of the ideas I learn in university. It is my way to make my contribution to the community, and this situation prevents me from continuing with this.

So if you have someone you know who might be able to expedite the solution to the problem, it would be really appreciated if it can be solved, I need to make videos ASAP.

Thanks! 

This post was modified 4 years ago by Or Shaltiel

ReplyQuote
John N
(@bailey)

Hi, I upgraded to Proshow Producer 9 in November 2019 and now I can't export my wife's VIRTUAL Kindergarten Graduation that is due this coming Monday because my program is deactivated due to the server being down which now shows a watermark and is unusable.  I only use the program about 6 times a year.  Just a suggestion, why don't you forward this to a person that has the knowledge to come out with a patch that will keep the program registered without having to rely on a server?  Thank you so much.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: