Clear all

Music

15 Posts
6 Users
4 Likes
Janet Gotrik
(@janet-gotrik)
Topic starter  

Is there a way to use your own music from CDs like we were able to in Proshow Producer?

Mares reacted
Kathleen Schettig
(@kathleen-schettig)

I am following as I want to add my own tracks! I have never heard of any of the royalty free artists or selections.

ReplyQuote
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

@janet-gotrik

@kathleen-schettig

I don't think Photopia will accept a .cda file, you will need to "Rip" the file to a "mp3" format. A Google search turned up the following instructions but some people have had problems with Windows Media Player. If you have problems with WMP there are many rippers out there, one that is free for home use is "Express Rip" which can be found here.  https://www.nch.com.au/rip/screenshots.html  

1. (Open Windows Media Player (WMP) and.
  2. Insert Music CD.
  3. Click on the Rip Tab on WMP and choose.
  4. More Options.
  5. Options from the Tools menu.
  6. In the Options window in the Rip Music tab.
  7. under Rip Settings, choose MP3.) 

Bob

ReplyQuote
Kathleen Schettig
(@kathleen-schettig)

Thank you for your swift response.  I do have mp3 files but I have no ida how to get them added to my show.  Thank you for any tips you might have.

Kathy

ReplyQuote
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

@kathleen-schettig

Hi, if you click on the Add Music tab it will open the music library, on the top left of that window will be a icon of a computer screen. Use this to open the folder on your pc with your music. Double click to add a file.

Bob

ReplyQuote
Janet Gotrik
(@janet-gotrik)
Topic starter  

@robert-mcmurray

Thanks; I'll try it!

ReplyQuote
Kathleen Schettig
(@kathleen-schettig)

Thank you, I was able to get it to work.  

ReplyQuote
MELISSA BROWN
(@mbphoto2)

I purchased iTunes to use and one of the songs worked but can't get the other 2 to work. On iTunes it shows the length to be about 2.5 minutes or greater and in Photopia they show 0 minutes 1 second. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

ReplyQuote
Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin

@mbphoto2

Please reach out through the Contact Us form on our website and we'll be happy to look into this issue.

ReplyQuote
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

@mbphoto2

Melissa, in iTunes you will need to convert the file to a mp3 to work in Photopia. 

Bob

ReplyQuote
MELISSA BROWN
(@mbphoto2)

@joshua

My son helped me and was able to convert iTunes to MP3s. Thanks

Joshua reacted
ReplyQuote
MELISSA BROWN
(@mbphoto2)

@robert-mcmurray

I so wish there was a manual for Photopia like I have for ProShow. Can you tell me how I can change music so that it starts later into the song? I have a song that is a heartbeat at the beginning and then goes into actual singing. I would like to start closer to the actual singing. 

ReplyQuote
Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin

@mbphoto2

Select that audio track from the show Soundtrack and you should see a "Soundtrack" tab on the right-hand side of the program, which contains the settings for that particular track.  Scroll down to the "Track Settings" section where you'll find a "Trim" button.  Click that button to trim the audio track to the desired portion.

ReplyQuote
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

Posted by: @mbphoto2

@robert-mcmurray

I so wish there was a manual for Photopia like I have for ProShow. Can you tell me how I can change music so that it starts later into the song? I have a song that is a heartbeat at the beginning and then goes into actual singing. I would like to start closer to the actual singing. 

Hi Melissa, a user manual is what everyone is looking for....  In the mean time you might want to check out ChoiceSlides.com, Jennifer has done a ton of tutorials and Q&A answering many questions. I think you will get the information you need from the tutorial listed below. Good luck.

https://choiceslides.com/blogs/photopia-tutorials/q-a-audio-tools-in-the-timeline-tab?_pos=5&_sid=d3152250d&_ss=r  

Bob

ReplyQuote
Andrew Taylor
(@rockclt)

I really like the beat Mango by Artafacts. is there any way you can make more like this one available?

ReplyQuote
Share: