Clear all

Auto save can kill a text layer

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Richard Swain
(@richard-swain)
Topic starter  

I was typing a new lengthy text layer caption.  As I was typing the auto save kicked in.  I may have typed a character while the saving was happening - not sure.  Anyway, it appears that the auto save caused all my text to be selected then the next character I typed caused all my text to be deleted and replaced by the single character.  This has happened twice for me - both times when I have lengthy captions.  I type fast and it is difficult to stop if I happen to see the update message pop up.  I think that the auto update is very important because of the crashes which can happen from time to time.  Maybe you could have the auto update happen if the selected update time occurs and there hasn't been any keyboard action for some short amount of time (maybe 3-5 seconds).

It is very frustrating to have 5 or 10 lines of text in a caption then have it all disappear.

Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin

We'll definitely take a look at this behavior and see what can be done to avoid this situation in the future. Thank you for the report.

ReplyQuote
John Freestone
(@drumslinger)

Try this. Type your text into a "Word" document first - save that in your projects assets folder. Then copy all text from the word doc and paste into the "Text Editor" - Resize and choose font as required. Or you can always reset your "Auto Save" time to a longer period!

ReplyQuote
Share: