Clear all

Managing Layers

6 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
Jean Bryson
(@jean-bryson)
Topic starter  

Can someone tell me how to insert a layer into a current slide.  Example:  If you have 4 layers and you want to add another, but you want it to be layer #3.  How can you insert it between 2 and the present 3, so that it will be layer #3, with the old 3 moving to 4.  Thanks for any help in advance.  Jean

Topic Tags
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

@jean-bryson,

In the layer section to the right of the trash can there is a drop down menu, in there you should see "Move". 

Bob

ReplyQuote
Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin

There are a few ways to insert a layer into an existing slide.

1. Drag an image into the Layers list itself, dropping it at the position it should be inserted.  Look for the blue insertion line before dropping in the new image.  If you see a blue outline around an existing layer, dropping that image will replace the source file in the outlined layer instead of adding a new layer to the slide.
  2. In the Layers list, click on the layer just below the position where the new layer should be inserted then click the add button just above that list.  An image added at this point will be inserted just above the currently selected layer.
  3. Drag an image into the Slides list, dropping it onto the slide where it should be inserted.  The image will be added to the top of the Layers list in that slide.

ReplyQuote
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

Posted by: @joshua

There are a few ways to insert a layer into an existing slide.

1. Drag an image into the Layers list itself, dropping it at the position it should be inserted.  Look for the blue insertion line before dropping in the new image.  If you see a blue outline around an existing layer, dropping that image will replace the source file in the outlined layer instead of adding a new layer to the slide.
  2. In the Layers list, click on the layer just below the position where the new layer should be inserted then click the add button just above that list.  An image added at this point will be inserted just above the currently selected layer.
  3. Drag an image into the Slides list, dropping it onto the slide where it should be inserted.  The image will be added to the top of the Layers list in that slide.

@joshua,

Again this just points out how very important documentation is.....

Bob

ReplyQuote
Jean Bryson
(@jean-bryson)
Topic starter  

Thanks Bob and Joshua for your responses.  I couldn't find any documentation, and looking up for myself is always my first choice.  It helps me learn better.  I should say I'm using a template that I purchased, but adding my own slides and keyframes to personalize it.  I found the up and down buttons after I wrote the question, but I'm doing something wrong. 

Per the documentation I have found, the up and down arrows show only in the layer content tab, and is only the layers you have added.  The layers tab shows all layers together (and you can see the error that way), but there are no up and down arrows included so that you can make the correction.  In addition, when I make my corrections in the content tab, it exchanges or swaps names of the layers. It causes the wrong photo to show up in another place on the slide, but keeping the same keyframe settings.  I'll keep trying to figure it out and the lights will eventually come on. LOL  

In the mean time, I'm going to follow the instructions above to see if I can make it work.  One thing I already see is that I have not noticed a blue line at any point, but that could be because the space on my screen won't let me enlarge so that I can see more than one layer listing at a time.  

Thanks again, Jean

ReplyQuote
Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin

@jean-bryson

Please feel free to reach out through our Contact Us form to get more direct assistance with this issue.

ReplyQuote
Share: