Notifications
Clear all

How to make cover and avatar.

5 Posts
4 Users
3 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter  

I have tried two days make cover photo and avatar. How long tme it takes to process a photo. I make cover 1000 pixel width and about 7 cm height.And I try all kind of  sizes. Why i get blue lines around a part of photo.?.  I use jpeg. Can somebody help me.please.

Joshua reacted
Bilby
(@bilby)

@mirja

There appears to be a lot of problems associated with that. I had a good fiddle with it and after much photoshopping, managed to "accidently" get it to work. It obviously has a lot to do with width, height and file size, and it works differently in different browsers. Sometimes the avatar shows up as a green dot and other times as the avatar itself. Clearing cache and refreshing sometimes helps. I want to change mine to upgrade the images, but there doesn't appear to be a way to change it once it is set. Obviously there must be a way, but I haven't found it yet. 😥 

As I said to @joshua in another thread. Far more important things to be concerned with for now.

ReplyQuote
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

Posted by: @mirja

I have tried two days make cover photo and avatar. How long tme it takes to process a photo. I make cover 1000 pixel width and about 7 cm height.And I try all kind of  sizes. Why i get blue lines around a part of photo.?.  I use jpeg. Can somebody help me.please.

My avatar is 120x120 and is a .png

ReplyQuote
Sheriff Kenny Wright
(@sheriff)

I can't change my avatar photo. I accidentally put the wrong picture, and the wrong size in there, and I can't change it.

ReplyQuote
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

Posted by: @sheriff

I can't change my avatar photo. I accidentally put the wrong picture, and the wrong size in there, and I can't change it.

Not sure why you can't change it, works for me.

Click on your name, then Account, scroll down to Avatar, pick a new one, then scroll down to the Save button.

Hope this helps,

Bob

ReplyQuote
Share: