Clear all

15% off discount for ProShow users

13 Posts
4 Users
8 Likes
Douglas
(@douglas)
Topic starter  

I have read in a newsletter from Jennifer Clark that you have a 15% discount for current ProShow users. Where and how do I add this discount to my pending purchase?

Regards

Douglas

Bilby
(@bilby)

As quoted in her newsletter...

Photopia will offering discounts to current ProShow users:

15% off a Year Subscription or

15% off of the first 3 Month Subscription

for either program

ย Pleaseย contact themย directly orย email meย to get the discount codes.

ReplyQuote
Douglas
(@douglas)
Topic starter  

@bilby

Thank you for the reply.

I have already contacted them and received the discount code.
I guess I was just in too much of a hurry to get started that I didn't read Jennifer's newsletter carefully enough.

Regards

Douglas

ReplyQuote
Bilby
(@bilby)

@Douglas

Your welcome. I know that feeling all too well. Do that myself every now and then, though, on this occasion I am not in a rush. I am weighing up the pros and cons.

It's not that long ago I outlaid good $$$ to upgrade from Gold to Producer so part of my thinking is do I just keep Producer going until such time as it is no longer viable software?

$250 a year is a lot of money for one product if I go the route of Director. Compared with what I get for $130 with Microsoft, that being the whole Office Suite for up to 6 people across any computer or from Adobe, I get Photoshop, Lightroom and other stuff for $180. And it would be a lot cheaper for me to upgrade Fotomagico on my Mac, but haven't used that program for a long time because of Proshow.

Companies going bust all around the world these days. This new company is made up of members of the old Proshow - can they make it work? I sincerely hope so and when they introduce a Mac version, that could change my thinking.ย 

Oh well, we will see what comes of it, in the meantime, I will give it a trial.....

ReplyQuote
Susan Whicker
(@susanw)

Using Creator. For the time being I went back to Producer. I haven't seen enough to lure me to spend the extra money and I don't use it for business just for pleasure. But the program is continually crashing or locking up and that is frustrating. There are some things I like better in Producer right off the bat. I'll try to play with Creator more before my trial ends but right now I am very frustrated with it. Along with the crashes and locking up maybe I am not happy with it because I am going from Producer to Creator and maybe that is a step down. I really don't know. I switched years ago from Gold to Producer and never looked back. Can anyone tell me if I am frustrated because Creator is more like Gold or is it just the new program in general. I will possibly try Director for 15 days after my Creator trial is over.

Lynette reacted
ReplyQuote
Jennifer Clark
(@vidqueen)

Susan,

Creator actually is Producer....plus some extras (Groups and Shapes).ย  It's not a step down at all.ย  The only thing it's missing is the ability to create your own Slide Styles, Transitions, and Templates (it can use them all, it just can't create them).ย  So, if you only made slide shows using other peoples effects, you can comfortably go with Creator and not miss a thing ๐Ÿ™‚

And.....anything I create in Director, even if it uses a feature that is missing in Creator, like Slices, can be used in Creator.ย ย 

This is definitely a top question and I plan to post a Q&A video about the main differences in the programs tomorrow.

Jennifer

Dina, SusanW and Anonymous reacted
ReplyQuote
Douglas
(@douglas)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @susanw

...............I haven't seen enough to lure me to spend the extra money ...................the program is continually crashing or locking up and that is frustrating..................

I agree with you Susan. I am disappointed with the release - so far. I can understand that the developers are hoping for support, so that they can get the applications running better. Without support, they may feel despondent and give up. But I am finding it difficult to support the applications in their current state. In addition, for me, I need higher bitrate video export to .mp4 than I can find in Director/Creator. So, I too will be using Producer until I see better stability and features that give me the possibility of exporting up to 4K.

I can add - sluggish playback to the list of problems. Also, when testing titles, at one point my title was centred and I pressed "LEFT", the title moved to the RIGHT! and vice versa.

One POSITIVE thing I did find in the new applications was the ability for me to use Japanese in titles. This is not possible in Producer.

I have 12 days left of the trial. I hope that we can see a strong reaction from the developers and that they will be releasing a stream of fixes and update in the coming week!

Regards

Douglas

SusanW reacted
ReplyQuote
Douglas
(@douglas)
Topic starter  

Looking forward to watching your video tomorrow, Jennifer.
They are always well produced and very helpfull.

Regards

Douglas

ReplyQuote
Jennifer Clark
(@vidqueen)

Douglas,

The Photopia programs already support 4K in the AVCHD, Quicktime, and MPEG-4 (PAL frame rate) file types, as well as all of the Media Players (Game Consoles, such as XBox One)

Honestly, there is so much in here, it would be impossible to find it all in a day.ย  It took me about two weeks to find everything and I was in them for 6-8 hours a day, every day ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jennifer

ReplyQuote
Douglas
(@douglas)
Topic starter  

@vidqueen

Thank you for that information Jennifer.

Luckily I live in Japan and am just starting here on a Monday morning. I will have time to take a closer, less hurried, look at the publishing settings.

Regards

Douglas

ReplyQuote
Douglas
(@douglas)
Topic starter  

Thank you Jennifer,

I found the 4K possibility.ย  However I still cannot see any CUSTOM Video output. Attaching a screenshot from what I am asking from Producer

Regards

Douglas

ReplyQuote
Douglas
(@douglas)
Topic starter  

I take back my comment a few posts above:ย  ย  "I can add - sluggish playback to the list of problems. Also, when testing titles, at one point my title was centred and I pressed "LEFT", the title moved to the RIGHT! and vice versa."

I think I was probably clicking on a justification control - in which case the action would be correct.

Apologies,

Douglas

ReplyQuote
Jennifer Clark
(@vidqueen)

Posted by: @douglas

Thank you Jennifer,

I found the 4K possibility.ย  However I still cannot see any CUSTOM Video output. Attaching a screenshot from what I am asking from Producer

Regards

Douglas

It looks like they may have removed the Custom Option.ย  I would mention that in the Feature Request section of this forum ๐Ÿ™‚

ReplyQuote
Share: