Problem in changing the duration of the slides

10 Posts
6 Users
4 Likes
Dina
 Dina
(@dina)
Topic starter  

I am sometimes having problems with changing the duration of the slides. In the slide time box I highlight the time (number) in order to do the change and it becomes blue but I cannot input into it. Sometimes it works, but sometimes not. I am in manual mode. So is there anything I am missing? 

Paul Dreiling
(@stranger2156)

Posted by: @dina

problems with changing the duration of the slides

Hi Dina,
a similar problem often occurs in my input fields for the values of motion parameters (and a couple of times it can be with a change in the transition time). The numbers are highlighted in blue, but they cannot be changed directly in the input field. Only by moving the slider if it is nearby. I already wrote about this. I can assume that this happens as a result of any overload on the computer. But more precisely, technical experts from Photopia can comment, I hope ...

Dina reacted
ReplyQuote
Dina
 Dina
(@dina)
Topic starter  

@stranger2156

Hi Paul. 

I hope they solve this. My laptop is new very powerful. I was trying to try to identify the situations when one can input the time changes versus when it does not work. I was not able yet to sort this out. 

ReplyQuote
Susan Whicker
(@susanw)

I have this same issue. Never had issues with my computer with 10 tabs open in browser and 3 or 4 powerful programs open while using Producer. Now I close everything except Creator hoping it won't go wonky on me. Not very pleased with this. Hope an update will come soon to stablize.

Dina reacted
ReplyQuote
Robert Cape
(@robert-cape)

Same problem for me as well. I find that I have to save and close the show, then reopen. As you say hope we get an update soon!

ReplyQuote
Susan Whicker
(@susanw)

I found a work around for this but I wouldn't want to build a whole slideshow needing to use this. I could not get the time on my slide to change, not under the slide or in the layers tab. I opened the keyframes on the timeline and clicked on add time. I was able to add the time I needed to make the length of the slide correct. Otherwise it gave me the blinking curser but would not let me type a number in the time option under the slide.

Dina reacted
ReplyQuote
Dina
 Dina
(@dina)
Topic starter  

@susanw

Thanks Susan.

I also found a way that works. I discovered this yesterday. You put the cursor in the input fields of the slide time. Then right click. Box will ope.  Choose "select all"

The input field box will then turn blue. Now you can input the time you want with no problems.  See image.

ReplyQuote
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

I have not had a problem changing the slide time but I did notice you can set the setting for Locked, Automatic, and Manual.

See below.

ReplyQuote
Susan Whicker
(@susanw)

Thanks y'all!!!

ReplyQuote
Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin

We've made a few changes to those slide / transition duration fields in recent updates.  If you've seen an issue where those number fields cannot easily be changed, please make sure the program is up to date then try to reproduce that problem. Should the issue persist, use the Contact Us form to send over that bug report and we'll continue troubleshooting.

Thank you.

Dina reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: