Clear all

Photopia vs ProShow

10 Posts
8 Users
1 Likes
Leonard Rosen
(@leonard-rosen)
Topic starter  

There are many of us who was happy with ProShow Producer and ProShow Gold.  Suddenly, they ended and we were referred to Photopia.  I jumped on at once.  Happy with the possibility that Photopia would do the job that ProShow did.  I am a real estate photographer and I supply my realtors with a slideshow along with the still photographs they need for their new listing.  I used the ProShow Wizard and loved it.  I am finding the Photopia Wizard more clunky than the ProShow Wizard.  I understand that many of the Photodex people moved over the Photopia.  Can you put your heads together and clean up the Photopia Wizard and make it as easy as the ProShow Wizard?

Keith Simonian
(@yaryman)

Leonard, not the perfect solution, but have you thought about using the Proshow Wizard to create the slideshow, then importing it into Photopia to render the slideshow? 

My Proshow Producer works fine with the exception of being able to render the slideshow. 
Kind of lame for an upgrade that I paid for about 18 months ago. 

ReplyQuote
Duane Calvin
(@duane-calvin)

I agree with Leonard’s request.  I’d like to take it a bit further - Photopia goes back to the original set of photos when you ask it to “remix.”  It should remix with the slides, order and changes in order that have been made to the show.  As it is today a remix takes you all the way back to time zero and you have to redo all the changes made (like removing and/or reordering slides in the show, etc.).  It should remix what currently exists, not recreate the show crom scratch. 

Duane

ReplyQuote
Leonard Rosen
(@leonard-rosen)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the feedback, Duane.  I agree with you.  There are numerous problems with Photopia.  Another problem: It is clunky to add a title page after the first slide.  Captions on slices are cumbersome as well. 

ReplyQuote
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

Posted by: @duane-calvin

I agree with Leonard’s request.  I’d like to take it a bit further - Photopia goes back to the original set of photos when you ask it to “remix.”  It should remix with the slides, order and changes in order that have been made to the show.  As it is today a remix takes you all the way back to time zero and you have to redo all the changes made (like removing and/or reordering slides in the show, etc.).  It should remix what currently exists, not recreate the show crom scratch. 

Duane

@duane-calvin

I haven't noticed this but thanks for the heads up.

Bob

ReplyQuote
Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin

@leonard-rosen

We are aware that the Wizard in Photopia needs some attention.  This is a project we currently have people working on, although I can't say when their efforts will become available.  Please feel free to send in any feedback you have about the current Wizard, what you would like to see, what doesn't work well, etc. and so forth using the Contact Us form on our website.  Customer feedback is an important part of what we do around here and the more detailed information we get from people who are actually using the program to create real slideshows the better.

Photomill reacted
ReplyQuote
Rosemary Neilson
(@rosemary-neilson)

Okay.  Here goes.   I was a ProShow customer several years ago.  Was told it is now Photopia.  (Wouldn't "Phototopia" have been a better name?)

I've subscribed thinking that I could move from ProShow to Photopia easily and leap right in.  I've tried to locate the correct place for learning how to "Transition" from ProShow to Photopia.  Well, I can't find it.  Could someone please tell me how to go from one to the other?  The tutorials?  Why isn't there at least one that tells you how to get from PS toPTopa.   How about a general guidebook for the whole program.   I still have my very thorough and complete ProShow manual.  Will dig that out and maybe there will be some germ of information within it that will be helpful when applied to the present program.   Have sent two emails using that convenient form provided on the site.  No answer yet.   A phone call told me that they are closed.  But leave a message.....Yes.  You can leave a message.   And what's the next step?

ReplyQuote
Duane Calvin
(@duane-calvin)

Hi Rosemary - you probably would have gotten a quicker response if you had started a new topic for your question.  My recommendation is to go to Jennifer Clark's "ChoiceSlides" for an online training course.  Once you've purchased it for a fairly low cost, you can continue to go back to it as needed.  You'll find it at www.choiceslides.com . 

There is very little continuity between ProShow Producer and Photopia, although the designers are some of the same people.  Still, Photopia is maturing into a very useful product once you learn its in's/out's.  It still has a need to grow and improve but is pretty good.  Hope this helps some.

Duane

ReplyQuote
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

@rosemary-neilson

Hi Rosemary, even though Photodex is out of business you can still use your Proshow program. There will be no more updates but it still functions as before.

Duane recommendation to purchase Jennifer's lessons is spot on, she is the best. Right now it is on sale until 12/25/20, see link below. Also check out the Choiceslides.com web site for Q&A info.

https://www.udemy.com/course/learn-photopia-creator/?couponCode=635B7EC168C441499B25  

Bob 

ReplyQuote
Paul Lemmens
(@plemmens)

I still use Proshow Gold and Proshow Producer as they keep working as before.

I downloaded the trial of Photopia quite some time ago and played a bit with it.

Soon after, it became clear that Photopia is not my cup of thee.

If it weren't set in the market as subscription, I might probably have bought it but alas I hate subscriptions.

ReplyQuote
Share: