Clear all

Publishing show for iPhone Device Issues

3 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Rhonda Brown
(@racinrhonda)
Topic starter  

I have created a 1 photo slide show with two photo layers, an animated layer & caption.  I published the show for use on a device > iPhone XR and saved it to a folder on my PC.  The show is a small 3MG MP4 file.  My issue lies with being able to upload this file to my iCloud drive onto a video folder.   I get a message stating "Adding photo to this album isn't supported.  Only user created albums can be created."  It will upload to my photo file but turns it into a .jpg image without the animation. Maybe it's an Apple Care issue; but I don't understand why we get a publish to option for a device and no specific instructions on how to get that file added to your phone.  I also have an Aura digital frame that supports iPhone video and when I try to upload to my frame, the MP4 file does not show, must not be a support format for them either.  

Any help would be appreciated but please be specific as I'm lacking in video expertise to this degree.  

This topic was modified 2 years ago by Rhonda Brown

Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin

The device-specific output presets in Photopia are designed to provide video files that will play on the specified device. In this case you should have an MP4 video file that will play properly on an iPhone XR. The process of getting that MP4 video onto the iPhone is up to you and there are a lot of different resources available on the internet to walk you through that process. Generally speaking, you should be able to use iTunes to transfer that MP4 video file to the iPhone in the same way you would transfer any other video file to that device. I'm not sure about trying to upload that video file to an iCloud drive.

Here is a link to a site I just found that should cover the basics of what you're trying to accomplish.

https://www.captureguide.com/how-to-put-videos-on-iphone/

ReplyQuote
Rhonda Brown
(@racinrhonda)
Topic starter  

Thank you, I didn't think about using iTunes but found another walkaround by emailing it to myself, opening the email on phone then saving.  I appreciate your help.

ReplyQuote
Share: