Clear all

How do I add Shows to DVD or Blu-ray Publishing

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
James Miller
(@james-miller)
Topic starter  

When publishing to DVD or Blu-ray I get the current show but cannot figure out how to add additional shows. I want to put 5 shows on one disk. There was an add button in Proshow but I can't seem to find it now.

Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

Posted by: @james-miller

When publishing to DVD or Blu-ray I get the current show but cannot figure out how to add additional shows. I want to put 5 shows on one disk. There was an add button in Proshow but I can't seem to find it now.

Hi James,

I am not 100% certain but I think this is where Project and Show meet....  If you all 5 of the shows into a project you will get the add show prompt in the Show tab. If you have saved the 5 shows each as a project you won't, this is totally different than Proshow.

I'm sure Joshua will be along to shed more light on this.

Bob

ReplyQuote
James Miller
(@james-miller)
Topic starter  

Thank you. Unfortunately 4 of my 'shows' were converted from Proshow and are now individual Projects, so I guess I want to combine Projects?? Still having trouble understanding shows and projects, but I will look for a tutorial. Still not sure just what to do. Sure hope it is possible.

ReplyQuote
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

Posted by: @james-miller

Thank you. Unfortunately 4 of my 'shows' were converted from Proshow and are now individual Projects, so I guess I want to combine Projects?? Still having trouble understanding shows and projects, but I will look for a tutorial. Still not sure just what to do. Sure hope it is possible.

Hi james, maybe you can gleam some info from this tutorial from Jennifer.

https://choiceslides.com/blogs/photopia-tutorials/q-a-how-to-copy-slides-from-one-show-into-another  

Bob

ReplyQuote
James Miller
(@james-miller)
Topic starter  

Thank you, a useful tutorial but would be a lot of work in my case as these are complete shows with complex videos, movies and music, take some work to recreate. I also like to combine shows in different ways for publishing. -  but hopefully they are working on providing a better solution that will allow bringing in a complete show. Can't figure out why they changed things? I really like the software but publishing is going to be real problem for me as I do everything on DVDs, Blu-ray to multiple people. 

ReplyQuote
Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin

@james-miller

Show management is an area where Photopia and ProShow do things a bit differently.  Slideshows in Photopia are always included in a project.  Output options that support multiple shows (ex. DVD / Blu-ray) rely on the project for that list of shows.

Existing slideshows can be added to the active project by going to "File" > "Import Show into Project", where you'll see a list of every project the program has previously accessed.  Select one of the available projects then click the "Ok" button.  If that project contains only one show, that show will be imported right away.  If that project contains multiple shows then there will be an additional window from which the desired show can be selected.  Once the active project contains all the proper shows, click the "Save" button then go back through that DVD output process and things should work properly.

If you run into any further trouble, feel free to reach out through our Contact Us form on the website for additional assistance.

ReplyQuote
Share: