Clear all

Delete a Video but the Audio Track Remains

7 Posts
5 Users
1 Likes
MARK TURNER
(@mark-turner-8926)
Topic starter  

On several occasions I delete a video on my creator timeline but the audio remains.  No matter what I do I can't delete the audio.

Any suggestions?

Diane Kay
(@diane-kay)

Hi Mark
I am having this problem at the moment. Just wondering if you found a solution to your problem. I have filled out a problem report to Photodex. 

Cheers, Diane. 

ReplyQuote
MARK TURNER
(@mark-turner-8926)
Topic starter  

@diane-kay  

Hi Diane,

I did a whole bunch of video creating on a binge project then I went dormant.  It was a problem I did not fully eliminate before I stopped.  I have another backlog of videos to do so I will have to figure it out again.  I just remember having to be very careful about selecting and removing but don't recall the details.

ReplyQuote
Diane Kay
(@diane-kay)

@mark-turner-8926 

Hi Mark

Thank you for you quick reply. I will just have to wait to see if Photopia help can sort me out. I see I made a typo in my post, saying I sent a help note to Photodex. It was late last night when I wrote that and it was definitely Photopia I sent the report to.

If I get a solution I will post here. 
Cheers, Diane. 

ReplyQuote
Charles Harbin
(@charles-harbin)

This thread has been no help at all as there is no solution posted....or did I miss something?

ReplyQuote
Ken Towne
(@who8mypie)

I had the same problem today....my only work around was to move the audio to the right, past my last slide and that seemed to do the trick....but this problem should have been addressed months ago based upon the first reported incident almost 1 year ago!  What's up with this????

I experienced this with Creator....

This post was modified 3 years ago by Ken Towne

ReplyQuote
Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin

We're aware of an issue in the most recent build of Creator / Director that can result in the audio from a video layer being unintentionally duplicated in the slideshow, which can then result in that audio remaining once the video layer is removed. One of the ways this issue can occur is when another image / video is inserted into the slideshow just before a slide that contains a video layer. This issue should be resolved in the next update.

The best known workaround for this issue is to save / close / open the slideshow. Photopia will automatically detect the erroneous audio track as part of loading the slideshow, removing it and restoring things to their proper state. This process works if the associated video layer is present in the slideshow AND if it has already been removed.

Note that there was absolutely an issue in a much earlier build of Photopia Creator / Director that could result in the audio track from a video layer being left behind after the video layer was deleted. That was a different issue, with a different set of conditions, and it remains correct.

jaybee4242 reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: