Constantly bombs out when trying to publish an Mpeg video file.
Why does this software always bomb me out at random times when the software is trying to publish a video 1080p video? I have tried it maybe 15 times I must have had it successfully produce a completed file once! The video is only 12 minutes long.
My PC is Intel i9, 16gb ram, 2080 Geforce RTX.
I have the same problem. I purchased a new Lenovo C940 because it claimed to be better suited for video editing. Today I have tried to publish the same video for more than five times with no success. First, it would appear as a blank file in Explorer, then it appeared as a video but indicated the following "This file is missing or we can't get to it." That is not a welcoming message when your business depends on my ability to publish videos. I tried to publish it as 4k and 1080P and no success either way. Trust me I checked with Lenovo and have gone through troubleshooting by checking updates and it does not appear to be a hardware issue. I am using Creator. Please advise soon!
I am really struggling with the problems that I am having with this program. I have a video that is 29 minutes long and it will only publish up to 21 minutes. I have tried at least 5 times. The publishing abruptly stops and the mp4 is published but is cut at 21 minutes, sometimes shorter. I never had an issue like this with prosho gold and was hoping to get this video out today. I've tried doing it as 1080 instead of 4K. I need a response. I sent a contact form early this morning and I have heard nothing back.
Hi Stephanie, I replied with a suggestion in your other post in troubleshooting.
This program requires a TON of memory. When I try to "publish" my show to a DVD, it gets about half way and then the entire thing freezes up. I NEVER had this problem with the PhotoDex program, and this one is supposedly better? I don't know what to do. Will adding memory to my computer help? I already have 8G and I close EVERYTHING when I try to run Creator. HELP PLEASE.
Photopia does require quite a bit of RAM for certain operations, which is normally not an issue. Having said that, we're currently looking into these reports of high memory usage during output. Those of you who are working with us over eMail on this issue, please continue to do so as there may be details about your specific case that still need to be identified. Thank you.
This may not be the problem, but after a couple months of never being able to complete a BluRay creation run it is finally working for me. What fixed it was uninstalling “Malwarebytes” from my PC. It only failed for me on BluRay creation - DVD and stand-alone shows worked fine. This particular project has 8 shows and runs for 55 minutes. Shows have slides, videos, and music in them. So it’s not a small project. My PC has 16 GB of memory and it uses 14-16 GB during the creation process. Since your problem is in a different process this may not help, but if you have Malwarebytes on your PC you might try uninstalling it and see if that helps.
I posted about Malwarebytes a few weeks ago on how to set it up so it would not interfere with Photopia.
Hi Bob - I appreciate your link and your help. Actually, I had followed your instructions several weeks ago and the only place I still had a problem was when I ran the BluRay creation routine. It was unpredictable where it would fail, but sometime within the 2+ hours it took to run it would always hang the system requiring a hard power cycle. I ran several trials with different changes to the environment. Even with Malwarebytes turned off (except perhaps if it ran a startup process - didn't get that far) and it still failed. Finally I just completely uninstalled it. I'm running the Norton suite, so I think Malwarebytes has become redundant. Sure enough that solved the problem and I've been running BluRay creation runs without failure now. It was your mention of Malwarebytes that caught my attention in the first place, so thanks for pointing to a potential troublemaker. That put me on the path to my solution.