Can't Preview Audio...

Notifications
Clear all

Can't Preview Audio Before Adding to Show?

20 Posts
5 Users
13 Likes
George Krahn
(@aslangeorge)
Topic starter  

Trying to create my first show in Director.

Wanted to "add audio" in Basic Edit Mode but when I found my audio files there did not appear to be an obvious way to preview the audio. What am I not seeing?

Paul Dreiling
(@stranger2156)

Maybe this?

ReplyQuote
George Krahn
(@aslangeorge)
Topic starter  

Is this BEFORE or AFTER the audio has been added to the show?

I want to preview before I add it to the show.  While I'm deciding which audio file is the one I'm looking for.

ReplyQuote
Paul Dreiling
(@stranger2156)

Posted by: @aslangeorge

Is this BEFORE or AFTER the audio has been added to the show?

Access to these audio options appears only after adding to the presentation. The producer has the opportunity to pre-listen, but it appeared only after the appearance of Music Library, starting with ProShow Producer 7. Audio from the computer to the producer can be selected, as before, only in the file explorer.

Paul

This post was modified 4 years ago 3 times by Paul Dreiling

ReplyQuote
George Krahn
(@aslangeorge)
Topic starter  

That's a shame.  Guess I will add this as a feature request for the future.

Thanks Paul.

ReplyQuote
Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin

@aslangeorge

When you're looking at an audio track in the Media Browser, right click on it and there should be a "Preview" option in that right-click menu.  Are you seeing this on your end?

Dina and Robert McMurray reacted
ReplyQuote
Paul Dreiling
(@stranger2156)

Posted by: @joshua

Вы видите это на конце?

The good news is that you can now preview the audio directly in the browser. 👍 

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

@stranger2156 Thanks for information with the picture. Got it more clear with picture  Are we allowed to use Proshows music, because the browser went to Proshows music liberary?. It should be good if we can. I must be so otherwise it had not shown Proshow Produce.

Mirja

ReplyQuote
Paul Dreiling
(@stranger2156)

Posted by: @mirja

Are we allowed to use Proshows music

Unfortunately no, Mirja, this is not from the ProShow Producer music library. There was only the possibility of preliminary listening to audio files directly in the Potopia browser.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Thank you. Very good to get right information and it was also great to get other licence music on browser.. I can missunderstand very easy as many perhaps have noticed..

Have a nice afternoon ..Mirja

ReplyQuote
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

We need everyone to add this to the request list....

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

@robert-mcmurray

Hej Do you mean we get music like Proshow has?  It should be good. But not more price to this program if you mean music.. I know licence music cost a lot .

I wish there was  the way use music i like and pay for that even if we have bought CD ..but not so much as I think music ccompanies want to have today.

They do not even answer me! And give me a price. It should be an advertising for big music stars if we make good videos.I have good licence music now but not that which make me create.    Music and slideshow and me must be one at the end.               Mirja

ReplyQuote
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

@mirja

Yes I mean post a request for a Music Library (Like Producer) in the Feature Request folder. I don't do anything commercial, only for myself and family and I use music from CD's for this. But if I want to put something on YouTube or Facebook, I find something in the Music Library so I don't infringe on copyright laws.

Have a great evening, Bob

ReplyQuote
George Krahn
(@aslangeorge)
Topic starter  

@joshua

I am running into more serious problems with Creator now.  I started in Director but thought better of it.  Opened Creator, saw there was an update to the program, installed it, and rebooted and started it up again.  Tried to open a previous show that was created in Creator but it gave me an error and would not open.  I deleted it and started again because I only had three slides, so not a big deal.  Then I tried your suggestion to use Media Browser to look for audio and then right click to preview BUT it would not show me any files in the folders where my audio exists.  I have attached two screen shots.  One from Media Browser and the other from my File Explorer.  Media Browser is blank, while the Explorer window shows the files are there.

So, what do you think?  I have rebooted a number of times to be certain of this problem and it won't go away.

ReplyQuote
Paul Dreiling
(@stranger2156)

Posted by: @aslangeorge

One from Media Browser and the other from my File Explorer.

There are different folders in the pictures. Check it out.

Paul

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: