Clear all

Import from Photodex

11 Posts
6 Users
4 Likes
Peter Lang
(@peter-lang)
Topic starter  

In the meantime I tried everything to import my Proshow 2436 Slide Stiles, 451 Transitions, 44 Wizard Themes and 12 Templates.
I never ever succeed.
As soon as the "Duplicate Effect Found" window appears, the program crashes and I can not do anything anymore.
Only when I finish the task "director.exe" in the task manager, I can restart the program.

I have a monthly subscription completed which I will never ever extend after expiration.

Pity!

What a buggy software

Dina
 Dina
(@dina)

Hello, Peter. I was just suggesting. If you have another PC or laptop, could you try the program there? I was thinking this is what I would do if I was in this situation. Just to check.

Hmm. But this would mean you need to import the effects from the PC that Proshow is on.  😕 😕 

ReplyQuote
Peter Lang
(@peter-lang)
Topic starter  

@dina

Trank you Dima!

On ist the Laptop ist worked well.

ReplyQuote
Dina
 Dina
(@dina)

Hi Peter. 

It worked when you tried it on your laptop?  Great!!! 

ReplyQuote
Peter Lang
(@peter-lang)
Topic starter  

Dina, it does not help me on the PC!

ReplyQuote
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

Posted by: @peter-lang

In the meantime I tried everything to import my Proshow 2436 Slide Stiles, 451 Transitions, 44 Wizard Themes and 12 Templates.
I never ever succeed.
As soon as the "Duplicate Effect Found" window appears, the program crashes and I can not do anything anymore.
Only when I finish the task "director.exe" in the task manager, I can restart the program.

I have a monthly subscription completed which I will never ever extend after expiration.

Pity!

What a buggy software

@peter-lang

Hi Peter, I decided to test my setup and see if I got the same results as you. I did not, system did not crash when finding a duplicate but did find 139 files it did not find when I originally imported. ☹️ 

ReplyQuote
Heather Armstrong
 HJA
(@hja)

I've tried several times over the past 2 days and each and every time it takes over 2 hours and then crashes.

ReplyQuote
FIDEL VENTOCILLA
(@ventocillastudios)

From the Main Menu Director freezes before importing anything from Producer. Importing 1,282 transitions, 4,606 Styles and 50 themes its basically imposible. I tested going through the Styles/Transition, Etc. UI, and I was able to import a few. I'm wondering if this is the proper way to import your old content.

ReplyQuote
Peter Lang
(@peter-lang)
Topic starter  

The problem is they do not  listen and do not give advise what do do!!

What a stupid start! 

ReplyQuote
Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin

If you've run into a crash / hang when importing Slide Styles / Transitions, particularly where duplicate effects are concerned, please try the most recent update.  The newest build should fix at least some of these problems.

Should any of these complications persist, please consider reaching out through our Contact Us page, where we can more easily get sample content and things of that nature.

Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Peter Lang
(@peter-lang)
Topic starter  

The newest build has fixed  these problem.

Thank You!

ReplyQuote
Share: