Clear all

HELP please - lost show

9 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
Patricia Proskurniak
(@patricia-proskurniak)
Topic starter  

UPDATE:  I rebooted the software and then it opened fine.  Good grief - if I hadn't already lost my hair to chemo, I know it would've all fallen out at once!

I seem to have lost the show I have been working on for days.  I had opened a new file to play with a photo and make a video out of it to add in a slide and when I went back to the show I've been working on, it has no slides anymore!  Is there a back-up somewhere I can load up?

Patricia Proskurniak

This topic was modified 2 years ago by Patricia Proskurniak

Topic Tags
Patricia Proskurniak
(@patricia-proskurniak)
Topic starter  

It says that there are slides etc before opening the file but when I do it's empty!  I've attached a photo of what the file says it consists of.

Patricia Proskurniak

ReplyQuote
Russell Burke
(@russell-burke)

I had a somewhat similar problem after putting in over 400 slides and adjusting the timing, when I opened the project today all of the slide timing had been automatically adjusted with different times. The first song is now over 20 seconds longer than it was last night, and it gets worse. Technical support told me that the automatic slide time adjustment was fixed two years ago. I have no idea what if anything I can do. If you got a backup file that would be a start...

ReplyQuote
Russell Burke
(@russell-burke)

Fortunately found the backup on the system and only lost three hours...

ReplyQuote
Patricia Proskurniak
(@patricia-proskurniak)
Topic starter  

@russell-burke I’m about to add audio to my show - I’ll make sure not to close it until I’m finished. It’s less than 10 min - so shouldn’t take too long to do.

ReplyQuote
Russell Burke
(@russell-burke)

One thing I just learned is that you should save any major corrections as a new project. I had been just clicking "save" and thought I lost all my edits when the file was somehow corrupted. Fortunately I know an IT guy who walked me through finding a backup file and I was able to open the backup and had only lost a few hours of work...he suggested just saving iteratively as a new project. Duh!

ReplyQuote
Robert Sinclair
(@robert-sinclair-2660)

@russell-burke This software really sucks, doesn't it!!!

ReplyQuote
Jerry Hatfield
(@jerry)

Patricia, are you working with Photopia and storing the project files on your system drive(Local C: drive)? Or, do you have a dedicated editing drive where your project files and maybe your finished projects are stored?

It's best to separate all of these functions onto individual drives. The most likely drive to fail is your system drive. If your project and project files are stored on the system drive, you will lose your information(Unless you have an automatic backup). You would install Photopia to the system drive as normal. Then go to preferences>Project Files and change the project file location.

ReplyQuote
Patricia Proskurniak
(@patricia-proskurniak)
Topic starter  

@jerry Thank you, I will check into that the next time I'm working on a slideshow.  That's the first time I had any problems and it turned to be an easy fix with a software re-boot.  I'm going to make sure I have it backed up properly next time.  I will be working on some family slideshows in the coming winter as summer is just too busy.

ReplyQuote
Share: