Wizard issue persisting

13 Posts
7 Users
14 Likes
Dina
 Dina
(@dina)
Topic starter  

Just now, I thought I would try the wizard and see if the problem has been resolved after the update. I chose the theme IMPACT (as usual) and chose 30 slides and music. The wizard brought a show collected randomly from all sorts of styles and transition. The playback (preview) was very shaky and not smooth. The thing I found amusing was that it used styles that I had not noticed before, a few cool and worth considering. I was also surprised with the fire transition which came up and put my living room (image) on fire! 😬 

OK. In proshow, I almost always liked (and mostly accepted) what the wizard produced but I do not like what the wizard produce in Photopia. 

Are you all having the same wizard problem?

Susan Whicker
(@susanw)

Yes I have tried it twice. Both times were failures so I figured I would wait until the program was more stable before I try it again.

ReplyQuote
Dina
 Dina
(@dina)
Topic starter  

@susanw

Hi Susan. You are right. Anyhow, the wizard can wait. I think the developers are focusing on more important priorities, such as the freezing of the program that occurs. We will be patient.  

Douglas and SusanW reacted
ReplyQuote
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

Posted by: @dina

Just now, I thought I would try the wizard and see if the problem has been resolved after the update. I chose the theme IMPACT (as usual) and chose 30 slides and music. The wizard brought a show collected randomly from all sorts of styles and transition. The playback (preview) was very shaky and not smooth. The thing I found amusing was that it used styles that I had not noticed before, a few cool and worth considering. I was also surprised with the fire transition which came up and put my living room (image) on fire! 😬 

OK. In proshow, I almost always liked (and mostly accepted) what the wizard produced but I do not like what the wizard produce in Photopia. 

Are you all having the same wizard problem?

Hi Dina,

This is a reply I got back from Joshua about the Wizard a couple of days ago.

1. We are aware that the Wizard can choose effects not present in the currently selected theme.  I expect this issue to be resolved soon, possibly early next week.

I would guess that means another update is soon to be released.

Bob

Dina reacted
ReplyQuote
Dina
 Dina
(@dina)
Topic starter  

@robert-mcmurray

Thanks for posting this Bob. Great news.

I was thinking to myself that the wizard is important and not something to be left to correct later. Most of my shows in Producer started in a wizard show and then I added or adjusted but it did bring up beautiful ideas and shows. Photopia should want to invite new and amateur users too. Not everybody is a previous Producer user or has a talent to work around into a making a show from scratch. The wizard is a starter and produces an attractive show for anyone who does not know how or has a beginner level creativity.   

ReplyQuote
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

@dina

Hi Dina,

You are absolutely correct about the value of the Wizard. With Producer you could choose a Wizard and usually with a few tweaks have a working show in less than an hour. But Photopia Wizards as they stand are unusable. I pick Impact as a upbeat Wizard but find Christmas, Valentine, and all sorts of other transition thrown in. Hope they fix it quickly. 

Bob

Dina and Douglas reacted
ReplyQuote
Douglas
(@douglas)

Update .333, does not seem to have fixed the problem with Themes yet.
Or is it just me?

I am getting a mix of Christmas, Halloween styles and transitions mixed with a whole lot of other effects that definitely do not belong in the FullFrame Theme.
Luckily I do not usually rely on Themes, but there are situations where the theme wizard was very useful in Producer.
Maybe the next update? 😀 

Regards

Douglas

ReplyQuote
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

@douglas

I have noticed the same thing, this was supposed to be fixed in the last update, bummer. Wizards are great for a quick show.

Bob

ReplyQuote
Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin

Build 333 did fix some details associated with effect selection in the Wizard, but it was not a complete solution.  We're currently working on a more comprehensive review of Wizard Themes.  Rather than patching things up quickly we thought it best to take our time and really dig into this one.  The Wizard is one of the more complex aspects of the program and it's important that any changes here not be undermined by unintended complications.  I can't say when these changes will be released but they are in progress.

Dina reacted
ReplyQuote
Douglas
(@douglas)

I completely understand the problem, Joshua
It is important that you take the time needed and work methodically and get the wizards to work correctly.
In the meantime, I am finding that I can spend more time on testing and experimenting with all the features in Creator and start discovering my own ways of creating slide shows from scratch.

Regards
Douglas

ReplyQuote
Bonnie Oertli
(@bjoertli)

Thanks for the updates.  🙂

Joshua reacted
ReplyQuote
Rhonda Brown
(@racinrhonda)

@joshua Still no fix for Wizard?

ReplyQuote
Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin

@racinrhonda 

If you're having trouble with the Wizard, please reach out through the Contact Us form on our website so we can take a closer look at the situation.

ReplyQuote
Share: