Trying to Create DV...

Notifications
Clear all

Trying to Create DVD - FAILS Multiple pages appearing??

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Melody Lumpkin
(@melody-lumpkin)
Topic starter  

Hi all.  I came from ProShow, and after getting a new computer, figured I would get the newest and greatest.  Never in the last 15 years of creating shows and DVD,s have I EVER had such problems.  After 2 days of trying, I am DONE!  I just want to get my DVD after spending 3 days creating my show, and then cancel membership.

One of the problems I noticed is that when I am working in the "Menu" tab, I start off with Page 1 of 1.  When I click the "Shows" tab and go back to "Menu" tab, I have page 1 of 2.  It gets better, when I click on "Customize" I then have 6 pages.  When I Close "Customize", I now have page 1 of 11!!  Pages are reproducing like rabbits and I have a feeling that is what is causing the export to fail.  I have screen shots of all of it but I don't see a place to attach them.  Or maybe I'm just too drained from the last couple days to think straight.  

Very sad that these problems exist, especially on something that should be so standard, because otherwise I found the interface wasn't bad.  A little touchy and problems with adding a video that has audio (somehow the connection between audio and video goes away-and video is really jumpy??), but I was able to get my show created.  Thank goodness I was able to create a USB file of the show because I had to present for a memorial today.  But now I need to send out the DVD's...and can't  🙁

Has anyone successfully created a DVD with menu's?

Thank you

Maggi Derry
(@maggiderry)

Did you ever get this resolved? After the new update, I am unable to render DVDs. Having to render as a mp4 and use an aftermarket program to convert to iso. 

ReplyQuote
Paul Becker
(@paul-5493)

It's been happening ever since the new update this week. I don't create DVDs with menus but I get an error when trying to make a DVD. I've been making DVDs for 6+ months now with no issues until this week. 

ReplyQuote
Maggi Derry
(@maggiderry)

@paul-5493 Same. I don't use a menu either. I need it to loop. It's not working. I was on a deadline to get the DVD out so I purchased a converter for one week trial but it will renew at $45 dollars a month - are you using something comparable that doesn't have the same cost to convert to iso? I'm somewhat stressed because my client needs daily DVDs.

ReplyQuote
Melody Lumpkin
(@melody-lumpkin)
Topic starter  

@paul-5493  Thank you.  I was told told to reinstall Photopia and to then change the thumbnail for my Menu at the very end to resolve the multiple page issue.  I am hoping that this will resolve the DVD errors.  

ReplyQuote
Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin

There were two separate issues here, one which could cause additional menu pages to be added and one which could cause DVD output to fail in the absence of a menu. Those issues should both be corrected in the latest update. If anyone is still having trouble with either of these issues, or any other problem for that matter, please reach out through the Contact Us form on our website and we'll be happy to help.

ReplyQuote
Share: