Program freezing

47 Posts
7 Users
31 Likes
18.1 K Views
Derek Heritage
(@derek)
Topic starter  

I have the update, but after importing a show from Proshow Producer, the program freezes. If I close the program and re-open it the import is there and I can work on it. But it shouldn't freeze in first place. I windows 10 64 bit.

John Parmele reacted
Peter Lang
(@peter-lang)

Derek, the same to me!!!!

ReplyQuote
Karen London
(@karen-london)

The same thing happens even if you create a new show with Photopia Director effects and transitions.  They appear to get locked up or freezes on playback and then application becomes non responsive.  Have to force close through task manager or windows and reopen.  Happens frequently.

This post was modified 4 years ago 2 times by Karen London

ReplyQuote
Derek Heritage
(@derek)
Topic starter  

I now have the latest update, but program still freezes if I use Import from Proshow from Home Scre en.

ReplyQuote
Karen London
(@karen-london)

@derek

I also installed the latest update last night and the slide show still freezes and locks up.  Had to force close with task manager.  Also if I have the internet and other applications open at the same time Photopia is open, it will definitely freeze.  Still unstable.

ReplyQuote
Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin

@derek
@karen-london

The program should not be freezing or hanging, at all.  We're very interested in isolating these issues so that they can be resolved.  Unfortunately, we're not able to reproduce the problems on our test systems.  When you get a chance, please send a report over through out Contact Us page so that we can work with you to figure out what's going on.

Thank you.

Dina reacted
ReplyQuote
Derek Heritage
(@derek)
Topic starter  

As I'm in the UK. I'll come back later, when I think you'll be there. In the meantime I thought that you'd like to know I have a new computer, 2 months old.

I attach screen capture of my system details.

Derek Heritage

ReplyQuote
Dina
 Dina
(@dina)

I want to give feedback too.

Before the previous update, I imported from Producer some shows into Creator. No problems in importing. The shows played in the two options (within the program window and also full screen). The problem was that in the replay, the motion was not smooth in some slides. I found this frustrating. The font was also not same but this was no problem as I can fix that.

Now after the upgrade, importing also easy but now in replaying the show in the preview, everytime it does freeze and i have to restart. Just as you all here say. 

Joshua, I am sending you all this as you had asked previously. I was able to put a camera on a stand (to prevent any shaky hands) and film all this. I am uploading these onto google drive for you. 

ReplyQuote
Dina
 Dina
(@dina)

I want to say also that yesterday I have made a purchase of Jennifer's vimeo videos and want to learn. 

I am not going to give up on this program and I am happy we have this forum. I can see the developers are working hard on improving it. I give them my encouragement. 

I am also happy about the extension of the trial period. 

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

@dina Do I understand right, have trial time become longer? Jennifers videos are great! I am sure like you this proram will be good.

For me it has been working just fine  on my laptopbut  but not on my desktop where i innstalled it yesterday.But with time it will be ok too.

Greetings Mirja

This post was modified 4 years ago by Anonymous

Dina reacted
ReplyQuote
Peter Lang
(@peter-lang)

@mirja

Mirja, yes they extendet the time for testing.

This was one of our biggest concerns!

Now we can with our praxis-experience help them longer to fix the bugs!

regards

peter

Dina and Anonymous reacted
ReplyQuote
Dina
 Dina
(@dina)

@mirja

Hi, Mirja. Yesterday I had only 2 days until the trial is over but I found that they added 7 more day.  So they made the trial period 21 days total instead of 14. 

As of today, I find I have 8 days in the trial. 

This post was modified 4 years ago by Dina

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

@peter-lang I cannot read it any place. When they changed it ? For me who has bought this program and i could not install it on Desktop because my mouse was defekt and here on country side it takes time to get new one. Yesterday I Installed  Director on my desktop.

As i wrote so unstabel program i have not seen after XP and there i had no videocard.It was homemade XP , very good and strong, I never thought it was homemade before i had to go another support who notice i have no video card..

I got really sad.I have same programs on both computers. .Director lived his own life, did things without my clicking. Freezing, shaking.

I got so sad that today i am sick. with bad headache. I do not try by myself find what is wrong. I do not have that knowlegde. And when this is sub progam my support will not have nothing to do with it. so it is also with Adobe ,too. Adobe has helped me all the time.They ask permission come inside my desktop and of course it is best service form for me..

I must point out and find that problem is on my desktop.Not on  the program. Just now there has not been any problem. and here i cannot still get uppdate and no answer from company - i understand they have  a lot to do.

It not right for some costumers like me who hurry to buy this program  not to loose training possible. and then afterwards give more trial time. We had not that agreement att the beginning.  Good for others. they get longer  trial time , which they need.I have never met this kind behave on other companies. Why  still I can read 14 days trial time. With whom this new agreement has done ?

I am without this program on weekend.and I feel not good. I have halv a year old  and 32GB  desktop.

I still believe this programs potential and  because of Jennifer is making videos and has contact with developers.

My misstake was that i did not believe this program will  get other bugs after uppdate and it has been working here fine on laptop before i get no uppdate and i was stupid believe if it works here  so  it works also on my desktop.

I learn something new after all years.

How it is going for you with program? Thank you for your beautiful words, No, I never come to your level. I try take photos and i am with Kelbygroup to learn. I have Canon Eos  7D. It should be good for sport like football. I wanted have the same as you have but it was too expensiv for me and no camera make me better.It is only training. Landscape, natur , macro, IR( i got lens but then was all green gone )

Have a nice day....Mirja
This post was modified 4 years ago 4 times by Anonymous

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

@dina

Hei dina      I am happy for you. You can train longer time with  Jennifers video.

Best wishes    Mirja

ReplyQuote
Dina
 Dina
(@dina)

@mirja

Thank you Mirja. I was going to pay/subscribe anyway to Creator after the two days were over. I was only not sure whether to subscribe for a full year or pay for a monthly subscription until I am become sure I like it. Did you subscribe to Director for one year? 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4
Share: