"Missing File" mess...

Notifications
Clear all

"Missing File" message after editing an image.

10 Posts
5 Users
3 Likes
Ron Obruba
(@rono71)
Topic starter  

Using Creator ver. 1.0.364. created a new slide show with two slides. Right clicked on the image in the first slide, the source was my directory with the jpg's. Right clicked on the image again to open it with an external editor(Element 14). changed the image to a black & white image. saved the image to the orginal directory, and over wrote the file. Creator did not update the image within creator (no black and white) image. I saved the project and exited out of Creator. Opened another project and closed it. Opened the orginal "two slide" show, and the message that I got was missing file on the image that I made a change to. The black and white image was in the "data" directory with the same name when using File Explorer, but could not see that image when searching within Creator. 

I Emailed this issue to support, wanted to see if others are having similar issues

RonO

Joshua reacted
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

Sounds like the same problem or variation of that @andyw is having. 

Bob

ReplyQuote
Ron Obruba
(@rono71)
Topic starter  

The latest release Ver.1.0.377 appears to have fixed this problem!   

ReplyQuote
Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin

@rono71

We appreciate the feedback on this fix.  If you should run into anything similar going forward, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly.

ReplyQuote
Charles Harbin
(@charles-harbin)

@rono71

I'm on 1.0381 and HAVE the problem...grrrr.

ReplyQuote
Ron Obruba
(@rono71)
Topic starter  

@charles-harbin

I got the latest software installed, and throught that it was fixed.  Its a very random now, it works one time and the next you my get "file Missing" or the edited version does not show up (evan when the edited file show correctly in the data directory).

ReplyQuote
Kathleen Costello
(@kathleenmcostello1)

inconsistently getting the "missing file" while viewing powerpoint, then go back to re-watch and the photos then magically appear without having made any edits whatsoever.

ReplyQuote
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

@kathleenmcostello1

This tutorial from Jennifer at Choice Slides may help.

https://choiceslides.com/blogs/photopia-tutorials/q-a-updating-edited-images  

Bob

ReplyQuote
Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin

We've had a few reports of this issue and are looking into it further from our end. If the problem is consistently reproducible on your end, and you wouldn't mind going through some troubleshooting with us, please reach out through the Contact Us form on our website.

ReplyQuote
Ron Obruba
(@rono71)
Topic starter  

@joshua That issue was reported in April, that is no longer an issue for me.

RonO

Joshua reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: