For those who use Malwarebytes there is a solution for sluggish operation.
Malwarebytes for Windows Allow List
- Open Malwarebytes for Windows.
- Click the "Detection History" card.
- Click the "Allow List"
- To add an item to the Allow List, click "Add".
- Click "Allow a file or folder".
- Click on "Select a folder".
- Next to "Folder" copy and paste into the text field:
C:\Program Files\Photopia Software Updater
C:\Program Files\Photopia Creator
- Click on "Select Folder"
- Under Exclusion rules: "Exclude from all detections"
- Click "Done" to confirm your changes.
You can read more here. https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038479234