Importing ProShow P...

Notifications
Clear all

Importing ProShow Producer slideshows - hints?

7 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Duane Calvin
(@duane-calvin)
Topic starter  

Photopia newbie here. I have some various size slideshows from ProShow Producer that I'm attempting to import into Creator, but all  have failed.  Are there certain preconditions that need to be met for the imports to work?  I've tried to import PPR project files because these contain the full package, but I have experienced three kinds of failures

- import hangs after less than a minute
   - import routine reports the file is not valid (?)
   - import appears to complete, but resulting slideshow has only transitions and some title slides.  No images, no music, no chapters, etc. 

Perhaps there is a process that needs to be followed since the advertising states that Proshow projects can be imported?  Thanks in advance.

Duane

Derek Heritage
(@derek)

Are  you selecting import Proshow files or Proshow effects?

ReplyQuote
Peter Lang
(@peter-lang)

Duane the Shows should be like in my screenshot. psh

regards

peter

ReplyQuote
Duane Calvin
(@duane-calvin)
Topic starter  

@derek

I initially imported the "styles" files, which seemed to go with no problems.  What is giving me problems is importing the "project" (xxx.PPR) files.

ReplyQuote
Duane Calvin
(@duane-calvin)
Topic starter  

@peter-lang

Peter, I am trying to import .PPR Proshow project files, one of the two options shown in the import dialog.  .PSH files are individual slideshows, while .PPR are project files which, in my case, include multiple .PSH files along with the overall organization under a main menu.  Like chapters in a book.  Photopia says it will import them, but it does not seem to handle them successfully.  I didn't know if Photopia requires that all the .PSH files be in the same directory, or some other restriction that was not required with Proshow, which is why I asked if there are any tips/hints on how to do it successfully. 

Thanks for the quick responses guys!

Duane

ReplyQuote
Duane Calvin
(@duane-calvin)
Topic starter  

OK, following Peter's tip, above, I have successfully imported a .PSH slideshow.  So, I know that can work.  I should have titled this post "Importing Proshow Producer PROJECTS."  It appears that is where the problem exists.  It is represented in the dialog as supported, but has had zero success for me on 6 different projects.

ReplyQuote
Duane Calvin
(@duane-calvin)
Topic starter  

I'm going to wrap it up for this topic.  First, as noted above, the problem was with importing projects (6-8 slideshows per BluRay or DVD with menu), not with individual slideshows.  Second, the problem appears to have originated with my files - projects that I have completed and wanted to move over were failing.  Going back to Proshow Producer 9 also produced errors when trying to open those projects.  I don't know if this happened with the installation of Proshow Producer 9 or something else happened, but I had missing styles, .JPG's (program ones, not my photos), and a few others.  I should add I got a quick response from Joshua at Photopia when I submitted a problem report (Contact Us).  Thanks for the response here too.

Duane in Austin, TX

Joshua reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: