Clear all

Bug's and instability

16 Posts
7 Users
8 Likes
Paul Dreiling
(@stranger2156)
Topic starter  

After several hours of acquaintance with the program in the “new wrapper”, I had to face numerous errors and instability in the work. For example, transitions between slides become a problem if the slide is of sufficient complexity. The program simply closes when you try to choose a transition between slides. And if the transition was already standing, for example AB, then it does not work. Another significant problem is the display of parameter values. You switch to another layer, select KF, and the previous KF values ​​of another layer can be displayed in the parameter values ​​... ??? Of the "minor" troubles, one can note the "freezing" of previously entered values ​​in some parameters. Why check the box next to the parameter value if I cannot disable this option by unchecking the box? You have to remove both the checkmark and the values ​​from all fields. In certain situations, it is not possible to move the KF mouse on a scale, and you need to enter the time in RMB. This is just a small list of what can be listed after several hours of work in the program. This is very sad, they offer me to buy a product that is still in the process of “cooking”.

Dina
 Dina
(@dina)

Hello.  I am giving feedback. I am using Creator in the trial version. I had no problem importing everything from Producer. I then imported only two of my projects from Producer. They came without the music which was from Producer's music library. I am getting acquainted to Creator interface. But replaying the project the slides are not playing smoothly. Starts well, lingers then smooth again and so on. I decided to begin a new projects and still this is happening. I operate my laptop  plugged in and I use a DELL XPS  15 which is new (this year) and is a powerful laptop.  In Producer, I had no issues with the project in preview mode playing smoothly.  Will continue to explore and try other styles and transitions. 

Maryann reacted
ReplyQuote
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

@dina I agree with you, the whole process seems very sluggish. just going from slide to slide is like slow motion compared to Producer.

Maryann and SusanW reacted
ReplyQuote
Dina
 Dina
(@dina)

@robert-mcmurray

Exactly. Lingers as it plays, sluggish and not smooth. I think that by us giving feedback , this will help the developers to fix the software issues.  Also finding others with the same issues, is reassuring. 

SusanW reacted
ReplyQuote
Paul Dreiling
(@stranger2156)
Topic starter  

Further familiarization with the program reveals bottlenecks. For example, when working with a slide (37 layers) with slight movements (only 2-3 FC), the RAM starts to overload after some time. The program lacks 16 GB, it goes into the red zone (14-15 GB) and big problems begin. It would seem that with a version of 64 bits we get more performance ??? The producer coped with such slides at a time, moreover, with smoother playback. Can someone clarify these issues here?

ReplyQuote
Susan Whicker
(@susanw)

I feel your pain. I went back to Producer for the time until they can get things worked out. I was having no problems with Producer and I had learned to compensate for items that some thought were missing from that program. Right now I feel this is unusable.

ReplyQuote
Paul Dreiling
(@stranger2156)
Topic starter  

Another "irritant" ... with simple operations in the fields of some parameters (tilt, for example) there is no way to enter digital values. The cursor in the field blinks, but does not respond to entering numbers. You have to move the slider, but they don’t get the right accuracy. Or close the program, after saving, and open the project again.

ReplyQuote
Paul Dreiling
(@stranger2156)
Topic starter  

I will simply add messages with problems that arise during the work. Maybe interested people will help me decide on the purchase of this program in 12 days. 🙂
- on the timeline it is impossible to call the context menu on RMB to copy the slide (the same doesn’t work with CtrlC and copy to Menu->edit)
- and if I copy a presentation slide on the Slides tab (which does not have an outgoing transition) to duplicate it at the end of the presentation, an outgoing transition is added to the duplicate. But ... all the latest FCs are set not at the end of the slide, but before the transition ... ??? See picture.

ReplyQuote
Paul Dreiling
(@stranger2156)
Topic starter  

Apparently I was mistaken when choosing a section for this topic, everything written above refers to Photopia Director. Request to the moderator to transfer the topic to the appropriate section.
Using the link below you can see the result of my acquaintance with the program for 2 days. In general, I like the new features and solutions. Now, if there had not been a large number of errors, then this presentation could have been made 15-20 percent faster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l8v3rIJaNA

ReplyQuote
Susan Whicker
(@susanw)

@stranger2156

It looks like you are doing great. I love the page turning book. Is that a template or something in Director? 

ReplyQuote
Paul Dreiling
(@stranger2156)
Topic starter  

@susanw

This is the result of studying the Photopia Director program.

Paul

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

@stranger2156  Very well done video.I like it very much 🙂  

ReplyQuote
Jennifer Clark
(@vidqueen)

@stranger2156

That looks amazing!!  That's not easy stuff, either....working with Groups and Tilts!

Super kudos! 😎 

ReplyQuote
Paul Dreiling
(@stranger2156)
Topic starter  

@vidqueen

The director’s capabilities are very good, if in the producer I need two days for something like that, then in the director one is enough. Bands play an exceptional role in imagination and opportunity. I saw another good option, nested masks, with this you can do wonderful projects too. And this is so far what I managed to notice in a couple of days.

ReplyQuote
Paul Dreiling
(@stranger2156)
Topic starter  

One more mistake was discovered, as I think. If I need to flip a layer (with a shifted center of rotation), then the center of rotation will also flip. This is the wrong approach, during the coup I needed one action, not two. I got the image in the correct perspective, but the tilt and rotation in the layer changed. In the Producer, the center of rotation remained in place when the layer was flipped.

The picture below shows that the flipped layer has changed its position due to the flipped center of rotation.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Paul Dreiling

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: