Retain or Edit Caption Settings
When creating a slideshow I usually want to standardise the caption settings, in particular font colour and outline. Proshow used to retain the settings from the latest slide used so they can be easily duplicated. (Or I think they could be cut and pasted with those settings and then the wording edited). Is it possible to do this? I can't find a way to do it and it is very laborious to go through the captions individually to conform.
Also, the text shown in the box where you enter it is too small for my old eyes to read. And I have a large monitor. Is there any way to increase the size for editing?
Nobody has answered this question, and I have the same request. I add captions to my music slides for church and have to format each individual slide caption. This is very time-consuming and irritating. Can anyone help?
Alistair, I found a way to copy text parameters to any slide.
1. At the top toolbar, click on Tools>Copy Layers between Slides
2. In the Popup box, click the slide with the caption settings you want, then check the box next to "Loading"
3. Then click on the check box next to the slide to copy settings to.
4. It will copy the whole caption from the Copy From slide, and then you can change the text in the Copy To slide.
5. Note: However, in my Photopia Creator, the text size on the slide is the default size (in my case, the default size is 25). In the settings tab, the text size is listed is the size I want (in my case, size 16). I just click on the increase size button (it pops up to 17) and then the decrease size button (back to 16) and it fixes the font on the slide.
If you or anyone finds a better work-around, please let us know.
Having just completed a large project of 9 shows in a DVD/ BluRay disc, I have to agree with the need to be able to set standard font name, size, bold/italics for at least two categories of text - title slides and captions. There may be others, but these two were constantly being changed for me. Well, the font name stuck, but 25 point font was always selected. Thanks for listening.
This sounds like other users requesting a feature I previously requested, and which was a standard, useful facility in Proshow i.e. Caption Styles which could be applied to individual captions on any slide, without interfering with a previously applied slide style.
Please, even pretty please, can Photopia offer this feature.
This shouldn't be a please, pretty please item.
There should be a way to set a default font and text size in the preferences section.
One more vote for slide styles. I think in created styles in every Proshow show I’ve ever done. The copy option is clumsy in the extreme and really doesn’t provide the option for what you want to include in the style —color, location, size, border, etc.
We recognize that there is a need to improve how caption defaults are handled in Photopia and will be taking all the great feedback posted here, and elsewhere, into consideration when addressing this issue. Thank you all for making sure that we're aware of this problem, and for the wonderful suggestions. Your feedback is very much appreciated.
There was a very helpful function in ProShow:
Go to: Font-Browse.
It opens a window with: Font Browser: All Fonts-Recent-Used in Show.
Hello Joshua, please can you do this.
Best regards Dieter