6 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
Duane Calvin
(@duane-calvin)
Topic starter  

I just documented the following items to the development team:

Problems and suggestions for "Standalone Shows:"
1. Thanks to the team, it is working better in some ways than the last time I tried it a few months back. However I'm still seeing problems and I have some suggestions as follows.

2. When a show is started from the menu, it should open the show and start playing. Currently it opens the show, but the user must press the start button to start it.
3. Likewise, if a user decides to end a show before it completes, "ESC" key should end it and return to the menu. "ESC" currently just pauses the video.
4. On a multi-show project (my current one has 9 shows), only the first show includes the audio. All subsequent shows are silent, and play the video portion alone.
5. Clicking on the timeline during play of a show should jump the play forward (or backward) to where that relative spot is in the show. Currently no response from a click on the timeline. 

I hope this proves useful to others as well.

Duane

Duane Calvin
(@duane-calvin)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @duane-calvin

I just documented the following items to the development team:

Problems and suggestions for "Standalone Shows:"
1. Thanks to the team, it is working better in some ways than the last time I tried it a few months back. However I'm still seeing problems and I have some suggestions as follows.

2. When a show is started from the menu, it should open the show and start playing. Currently it opens the show, but the user must press the start button to start it.
3. Likewise, if a user decides to end a show before it completes, "ESC" key should end it and return to the menu. "ESC" currently just pauses the video.
4. On a multi-show project (my current one has 9 shows), only the first show includes the audio. All subsequent shows are silent, and play the video portion alone.
5. Clicking on the timeline during play of a show should jump the play forward (or backward) to where that relative spot is in the show. Currently no response from a click on the timeline. 

I hope this proves useful to others as well.

Duane

#4 above can no longer be duplicated.  I don't know what is different, but I tried several different passes for Joshua and could not duplicate this problem.  Numbers 2, 3, and 5 remain good suggestions, from my standpoint.  Thanks again for the support from the team.

Duane

ReplyQuote
Dieter Keifert
(@dieter)

@duane-calvin

Hello,

It would be also nice if, after several complaints, StandAlone (EXE) would deliver a sharp reproduction. You can see the difference when you compare start-stop. It shouldn't be a problem for a professional softwäre!

Best regards   Dieter

ReplyQuote
Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin

As previously discussed in earlier conversations, these issues have each been reproduced on our end and are on the list to be corrected, although we don't have an ETA on those solutions to share at this time.

ReplyQuote
Dieter Keifert
(@dieter)

@joshua

Hello Joshua,

thank you for the answer.

Best regards   Dieter

ReplyQuote
Duane Calvin
(@duane-calvin)
Topic starter  

Great!  Thanks, Joshua.