Combo "DVD/Executab...

Combo "DVD/Executable" disc option, like ProShow  

RSS

Duane Calvin
(@duane-calvin)
Trusted Member Customer
12/08/2020 7:36 pm  

Something I haven't found in Photopia that was in ProShow and that I found very useful was the ability to create a DVD (or DVD  .iso file) that combined the DVD for viewing on a standard DVD player, and an executable for viewing on a computer.  I hope this makes the cut for a  future improvement as I find them useful to reduce the number of output options I have to provide.  Thanks!

Duane

Duane Calvin
Austin, Texas

Dean A
(@deanathans)
12/08/2020 8:47 pm  

Duane -

This seems to be an ongoing request.

In my case I like to include an mp4 version on each of my DVD discs to offer the user a clearer video of the show.

I do not know how to do this "manually," but the Photodex option to include file(s) from another folder was exactly what I needed to accomplish this. After that option was added to the Photodex Publish function, I added the .mp4 version files to all of the DVDs I published.

This is a feature I miss greatly and am now waiting, hopefully, for such a feature to be added, as are my most recent "customers." It is a show of their latest--July 12, 2020, 50th--wedding anniversary celebration, a month ago now, and very important to them, and consequently me!

- Dean A.

ReplyQuote
Dean A
(@deanathans)
20/08/2020 3:52 pm  

Duane -

Check out the latest release - it's been included there!

- Dean A.

ReplyQuote
Duane Calvin
(@duane-calvin)
Trusted Member Customer
20/08/2020 5:05 pm  

Thanks, Dean - I'll check it out!

Duane

Duane Calvin
Austin, Texas

ReplyQuote
Duane Calvin
(@duane-calvin)
Trusted Member Customer
20/08/2020 8:44 pm  

Hi Dean,

I'm not sure where the option is that you have found that solves what I'm looking for.  First, the latest copy I have of the program is 1.0.526 for Windows. When I look at the DVD options for publishing, nowhere does it suggest that it will create a DVD along with an executable file of a project.  In ProShow Producer when you create a DVD there is a tab for including an executable file on the DVD in addition to the DVD folder set.  I don't see that in the version of Photopia I'm running, which reports to be the latest. 

Duane

Duane Calvin
Austin, Texas

ReplyQuote
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)
Estimable Member Customer
21/08/2020 3:22 pm  

@duane-calvin

Hey Duane, you are running the latest RELEASED version, @deanathans is part of the Beta group which receives updates before they are released. The fact that he says it is in his latest version is a good sign, should be out in the next release.

Bob

This post was modified 1 month ago 2 times by Robert McMurray

Bob McMurray
Jersey Shore

ReplyQuote
Duane Calvin
(@duane-calvin)
Trusted Member Customer
21/08/2020 4:12 pm  

@robert-mcmurray

Hooray!  Will be glad to see that - I just did a major show that needs this feature.  Thanks for the heads-up, Bob.

Duane

Duane Calvin
Austin, Texas

ReplyQuote
Share:
Close Menu

Cart

Please Login or Register