Clear all

Combo "DVD/Executable" disc option, like ProShow

11 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Duane Calvin
(@duane-calvin)
Topic starter  

Something I haven't found in Photopia that was in ProShow and that I found very useful was the ability to create a DVD (or DVD  .iso file) that combined the DVD for viewing on a standard DVD player, and an executable for viewing on a computer.  I hope this makes the cut for a  future improvement as I find them useful to reduce the number of output options I have to provide.  Thanks!

Duane

Dean Athans
(@deanathans)

Duane -

This seems to be an ongoing request.

In my case I like to include an mp4 version on each of my DVD discs to offer the user a clearer video of the show.

I do not know how to do this "manually," but the Photodex option to include file(s) from another folder was exactly what I needed to accomplish this. After that option was added to the Photodex Publish function, I added the .mp4 version files to all of the DVDs I published.

This is a feature I miss greatly and am now waiting, hopefully, for such a feature to be added, as are my most recent "customers." It is a show of their latest--July 12, 2020, 50th--wedding anniversary celebration, a month ago now, and very important to them, and consequently me!

- Dean A.

ReplyQuote
Dean Athans
(@deanathans)

Duane -

Check out the latest release - it's been included there!

- Dean A.

ReplyQuote
Duane Calvin
(@duane-calvin)
Topic starter  

Thanks, Dean - I'll check it out!

Duane

ReplyQuote
Duane Calvin
(@duane-calvin)
Topic starter  

Hi Dean,

I'm not sure where the option is that you have found that solves what I'm looking for.  First, the latest copy I have of the program is 1.0.526 for Windows. When I look at the DVD options for publishing, nowhere does it suggest that it will create a DVD along with an executable file of a project.  In ProShow Producer when you create a DVD there is a tab for including an executable file on the DVD in addition to the DVD folder set.  I don't see that in the version of Photopia I'm running, which reports to be the latest. 

Duane

ReplyQuote
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

@duane-calvin

Hey Duane, you are running the latest RELEASED version, @deanathans is part of the Beta group which receives updates before they are released. The fact that he says it is in his latest version is a good sign, should be out in the next release.

Bob

ReplyQuote
Duane Calvin
(@duane-calvin)
Topic starter  

@robert-mcmurray

Hooray!  Will be glad to see that - I just did a major show that needs this feature.  Thanks for the heads-up, Bob.

Duane

ReplyQuote
Duane Calvin
(@duane-calvin)
Topic starter  

It appears the latest release allows you to include another file - I'm assuming that you are suggesting that I could create a standalone slideshow file and then include it with the final DVD/BluRay.  I will have to give that a try.  In the ProShow output DVD, selecting the "executable slideshow" to be included causes that to be used when you insert a DVD into a computer.  In other words, it automatically selects that rather than trying to execute DVD player software on the computer.  I haven't tried this one yet (not sure the executable will fit on my latest project, which is large).  Thanks for the pointer.

Duane

ReplyQuote
Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin

@duane-calvin

Including the Standalone Show output from Photopia on your DVDs will not result in automated non-DVD playback when those discs are inserted into a computer.  That behavior also requires a properly configured 'autorun.bat' file, among other details.  It should be possible to run the Standalone Show output from one of those DVDs, assuming it's been added with the "Include Additional Content" feature, it will just need to be started manually.

ReplyQuote
Duane Calvin
(@duane-calvin)
Topic starter  

Thanks, Joshua - that's kind of what I figured.  Hopefully the automatic show, as ProShow provided, is somewhere on the list of requests to be included at some point.

ReplyQuote
Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin

@duane-calvin

Yes, we do have that request on the list.  It's somewhat complicated by the Standalone Show feature using a non-EXE format, but we'll see what we can do.

ReplyQuote
Share: