Clear all

Photopia Creator very sluggish..

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Mike Casey
(@mike-casey)
Topic starter  

What is the recommended hardware for using Photopia. Moved from Proshow Producer with no 'stuttering' issues, but awful in Photopia Creator. Below is my current system:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) x64-based PC

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 - 4Mb - DDR3

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Suggestions would be

Maggi Derry
(@maggiderry)

I agree. Brand new dell computer out of the box and photopia is so slow. I am so disappointed. I have nothing else on the computer - it is dedicated to photopia and I am having so many weird issues. Producer was working like a charm and having to pay for a subscription for this is frustrating. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)

ReplyQuote
Robert McMurray
(@robert-mcmurray)

From the support tab above.

https://photopia.nl/system-requirements/  

Bob

ReplyQuote
Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin

Photopia relies on CPU power to drive preview playback performance, whereas ProShow had a hardware rendering engine dedicated to preview playback. While there are pros and cons to each system, it is possible that ProShow could provide smoother preview playback on some machines. Video-based output, on the other hand, is not affected by this detail and should play just as smoothly when created from either program.

In some cases, having anti-virus software running while working in Photopia can cause preview playback to be less smooth, as could running any program that takes up CPU time. We've also seen cases where laptops running on battery power alone, or set to a 'battery conservation' mode, can run into a similar limitation. Limited system resources, particularly 'free RAM', is also an important consideration.

Please feel free to reach out through the Contact Us form on our website with any further questions about playback performance on a particular system. We're happy to look at the specs for any machine to see what might be going on.

ReplyQuote
Mike Casey
(@mike-casey)
Topic starter  

Thank you for the info. Since my initial enquiry I have upgraded my motherboard, CPU and memory - no more sluggishness with Photopia.

ReplyQuote
Renato Cataldo
(@renato-cataldo)

I have a MAC using 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, and NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB.  ITB SSD.  Overall the performance of the application is acceptable.  The "Publishing" (rendering) speed is my issue.  It can take hours for a 30-minute slide show to render at 1080p at 30fps.  Is there a way to speed this up?

ReplyQuote
Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin

@renato-cataldo

Video rendering for a given preset just takes as long as it takes. There are no settings in the program to speed up the process, although we are looking at ways to do this internally, so video rendering is faster across the board.

ReplyQuote
Share: