[Solved] Importing from PeoShow  

RSS

Jim Martinsen
(@jimmartinsen)
26/02/2020 10:47 pm  

I have discovered if I want to import a show from ProShow into Photopia Creator, load it into ProShow first. If ProShow tells you the show was created in a previous version of ProShow, load it and collect the files, then save it in the current ProShow version. Now the show has a much better chance of loading in Photopia without issues. This has worked for me. I hope it will work for you.

Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin
12/03/2020 7:49 pm  

@jimmartinsen

This is sound advice.  Collecting a show in ProShow makes sure that all of the necessary files are put in the same location.  The PSH file that gets created in that collected show folder / location is effectively re-written to refer to those collected files from their new location, which makes the import process in Photopia a bit easier.

Good advice.  Thanks for sharing.

ReplyQuote
Jim Martinsen
(@jimmartinsen)
27/03/2020 1:52 pm  

Importing ProShow files . . .  If you are having problems with Photopia Creator freezing when you click the "Import" button on the top-left of the screen, try to import the file by clicking the menu (hamburger - 3 horizontal lines) button on the top right, then select the "Import from ProShow" option. For some reason this seems to work when the first option doesn't.

This post was modified 1 week ago by Jim Martinsen

ReplyQuote
Joshua
(@joshua)
Member Admin
30/03/2020 5:44 am  

@jimmartinsen

That's an interesting result you've run across.  Those two import processes should be identical.  We'll keep this in mind for future troubleshooting / testing.  Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Close Menu

Cart

Please Login or Register